0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M fix error
This means that in kernel mode, the program threw an exception that the error handler did not recognize. This problem is found in Windows Vista SP1.
This failure occurs for many reasons, so you need to act in a comprehensive manner.
Try the following actions first: boot in safe mode - if it is possible, then definitely some hardware or driver conflicts with the OS, so remove recently installed programs and devices;
check the operability of the RAM - if there are several RAM bars in the PC, then try disconnecting them one by one;
Install all available Windows updates — they often resolve conflicts with third-party hardware and software packages.
If error 0x1000008E does not disappear after that, then follow these steps:
"Net" boot OS. Start Windows in safe mode. Go to "Control Panel" => "Administration" => "System Configuration" => "Startup". In the window among all the lines, remove the checkmarks from the positions in which the manufacturer is not specified Microsoft. Save the changes by clicking on “Apply” and restart the computer.
- Detection of a failed component. To do this, examine the error log. This is possible with the help of the standard OS Event Viewer. Use it to open the file C: \ Windows \ MEMORY.DMP or C: \ Windows \ Minidump. You can also press F8 (Shift + F8) before loading Windows and select “Disable automatic restart upon system failure” in the window that appears - in this case, you can read the error message in detail. The main thing is to find in the description a file like xxx.exe, where xxx can be anything. When loading or processing this executable file just fails. Understand with the help of a search engine, for which this file is responsible. This may be a driver - then try a different version, not necessarily newer, because sometimes the best stability is in older releases. It happens and such that the error 0x1000008E is eliminated only after the transition to modern versions of the OS.
4 Recommendations for the Elimination of BSoD:
1. 0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M may appear due to errors in the code of the operating system itself. Microsoft is constantly working to correct such errors, releasing patches and service packs. Installed the latest update package (Service pack) and the constant updating of the system will save a lot of errors.
2. If 0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M appeared after the newly installed device driver or program. It is necessary to roll back the driver to an earlier version. With programs, things are easier, removing them will eliminate the cause of the failure. The “Run Last Known Good Configuration” option may be useful.
3. If 0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M began to appear after you have connected a new device to the system, then you need to check it for compatibility with your operating system. If the device is compatible, then you need to download the latest drivers from the official website of the manufacturer and install them. If the latest drivers are installed, you need to install an earlier version of the drivers. If the device is incompatible with the operating system, then it is necessary either to change this device or to change the operating system that supports this device.
4. Very often the cause of the appearance of 0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M is a malfunction of the RAM. To test it, you can use testing programs, such as memtest86+.