0x0000012C: EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM fix error
Error 0x0000012C is caused by the exFAT file system when its internal state is in an unacceptable state and poses a greater risk of data loss.
BSOD 0x0000012C indicates an error in the exFAT file system. Check the file system. You must use the Windows Debugger to analyze a memory dump. The .cxr (Display Context Record) command can be used with parameter 3.
- Defines the source file information and line number. The upper 16 bits (the first four hexadecimal characters after "0x") identify the source file by identifier number. The lower 16 bits define the source line in this file;
- If FppExceptionFilter is on the stack, this parameter specifies the address of the exception entry;
- If FppExceptionFilter is on the stack, this parameter specifies the address of the context entry;
- Reserved parameter.
Damaged sectors could cause an error 0x0000012C, for example, when a missing page is detected in the kernel or data code, and the memory manager cannot load it.
4 Recommendations for the Elimination of BSoD:
1. 0x0000012C: EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM may appear due to errors in the code of the operating system itself. Microsoft is constantly working to correct such errors, releasing patches and service packs. Installed the latest update package (Service pack) and the constant updating of the system will save a lot of errors.
2. If 0x0000012C: EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM appeared after the newly installed device driver or program. It is necessary to roll back the driver to an earlier version. With programs, things are easier, removing them will eliminate the cause of the failure. The “Run Last Known Good Configuration” option may be useful.
3. If 0x0000012C: EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM began to appear after you have connected a new device to the system, then you need to check it for compatibility with your operating system. If the device is compatible, then you need to download the latest drivers from the official website of the manufacturer and install them. If the latest drivers are installed, you need to install an earlier version of the drivers. If the device is incompatible with the operating system, then it is necessary either to change this device or to change the operating system that supports this device.
4. Very often the cause of the appearance of 0x0000012C: EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM is a malfunction of the RAM. To test it, you can use testing programs, such as memtest86+.