0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR fix error
An error has occurred in the hardware of the computer. This error is detected by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
Why does an error with code 0x00000124 occur in different versions of Windows?
Error code 0x00000124 signals system problems with computer hardware and may occur in any version of Windows.
Software or physical damage to RAM. Failed timings of RAM installed in BIOS (basic input / output system). Problems with drivers or programs. Incorrect installation during overclocking equipment - video card, processor, RAM. Violation of the established temperature regimes of the equipment. This may be overheating of the power supply, video card or motherboard, other components and parts of the computer. The BIOS version does not meet the requirements of the newly installed hardware and software. Malfunction of the motherboard due to malfunctions. Failure to connect new equipment due to lack of power supply unit. Violations of the hard drive due to software failures or physical damage to the internal surface of the HDD.
When an error 0x00000124 occurs, the computer immediately crashes in emergency mode. A blue screen appears, the appearance of which depends on the Windows system used, with a message about the problem.
In Windows 8 and Windows 10, the screens are the same. Detailed technical information about the error is not displayed, it is reported only that a failure has occurred and it is necessary to restart the computer.
Error 0x00000124 is a fuse against further computer damage. The user has to solve the arisen problem, until the system is eliminated, it cannot work stably.
The blue screen of death can not be seen at all, if the automatic reboot of the system is turned on when a failure occurs.
What to do: is it possible to fix everything yourself?
If an error with the code 0x00000124 occurs, you can try to fix it yourself, which is possible in some cases, or contact your service organization for assistance.
If you have never dealt with problems related to various computer malfunctions, then do nothing without first consulting with a professional.
Step-by-step instruction to eliminate the error
At the very beginning, check the physical state of the memory rails by first carefully pulling them out of the corresponding slots of the motherboard. If there are no visual damages, simply treat the contacts with alcohol and wipe with a napkin or even an ordinary eraser.
Check the time delay (timing) of each memory slot using the CPU-Z program. The values for the same parameters of the slats should be the same. The difference in performance indicates a malfunction of the RAM. In this case, you will need to replace it.
Using the free SpeedFan utility, check all temperature conditions of the system devices and the power supply and, if necessary, adjust the voltage and fan speeds. Also analyze the status of the hard drive using the data in the S.M.A.R.T. tab.
Test the operation of the video card using the GPU-Z program.
If there are problems with a hard drive in SpeedFan, then additionally check the disk for bad sectors with the Hiren’s Boot CD utility running under DOS. This program can even recover sectors with a software failure. Will have to boot from a flash drive.
Visually inspect if the capacitors located on the motherboard are swollen. If this happens, then immediately bring the computer to the repair shop; you cannot do anything yourself here.
Reset all settings for overclocking the processor, video card and RAM to the default state. The reset is done in the BIOS settings.
If there is a shortage of power supply unit, due to the need to connect additional devices to the computer, it will only have to be changed.
- Replace the existing BIOS version, if necessary. On the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard there is surely a fresh firmware and utility for updating the BIOS.
From the description we can conclude that the appearance of an error with the code 0x00000124 indicates serious problems in the computer that should not be ignored. If you do not take timely measures to troubleshoot the blue screen of death, the system may stop loading at all.
4 Recommendations for the Elimination of BSoD:
1. 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR may appear due to errors in the code of the operating system itself. Microsoft is constantly working to correct such errors, releasing patches and service packs. Installed the latest update package (Service pack) and the constant updating of the system will save a lot of errors.
2. If 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appeared after the newly installed device driver or program. It is necessary to roll back the driver to an earlier version. With programs, things are easier, removing them will eliminate the cause of the failure. The “Run Last Known Good Configuration” option may be useful.
3. If 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR began to appear after you have connected a new device to the system, then you need to check it for compatibility with your operating system. If the device is compatible, then you need to download the latest drivers from the official website of the manufacturer and install them. If the latest drivers are installed, you need to install an earlier version of the drivers. If the device is incompatible with the operating system, then it is necessary either to change this device or to change the operating system that supports this device.
4. Very often the cause of the appearance of 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a malfunction of the RAM. To test it, you can use testing programs, such as memtest86+.