0x00000108: THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE fix error
The THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE blue screen of death with digital code 0x00000108 indicates an unrecoverable problem in a third-party file system or file system filter.
CAUSE This BSoD can be caused by two reasons:
1. Disk damage. Damage to a third-party file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can cause this error. Damage to SCSI and the IDE driver also have a negative effect on the ability of the Windows operating system to read and write data to disks, which leads to a blue screen 0x00000108.
2. Memory exhaustion of the non-swappable memory pool. If the non-swapped memory pool is completely exhausted, the system displays an error message.
DECISION Resolving Disk Damage: Check the Event Viewer log for error messages from SCSI, IDE, or other disk controllers on the system. This information can help pinpoint the device or driver that caused the error. Disable virus scanners, backup programs and disk defragmenters that are running on the system. Perform hardware and file system diagnostics.
Resolving the problem of running out of non-swappable memory pool memory: Add new physical memory to the computer. This will increase the amount of non-swap memory pool memory available to the kernel.
4 Recommendations for the Elimination of BSoD:
1. 0x00000108: THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE may appear due to errors in the code of the operating system itself. Microsoft is constantly working to correct such errors, releasing patches and service packs. Installed the latest update package (Service pack) and the constant updating of the system will save a lot of errors.
2. If 0x00000108: THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE appeared after the newly installed device driver or program. It is necessary to roll back the driver to an earlier version. With programs, things are easier, removing them will eliminate the cause of the failure. The “Run Last Known Good Configuration” option may be useful.
3. If 0x00000108: THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE began to appear after you have connected a new device to the system, then you need to check it for compatibility with your operating system. If the device is compatible, then you need to download the latest drivers from the official website of the manufacturer and install them. If the latest drivers are installed, you need to install an earlier version of the drivers. If the device is incompatible with the operating system, then it is necessary either to change this device or to change the operating system that supports this device.
4. Very often the cause of the appearance of 0x00000108: THIRD_PARTY_FILE_SYSTEM_FAILURE is a malfunction of the RAM. To test it, you can use testing programs, such as memtest86+.